Thursday 13 May 2010

The Costume Institute Gala: Best and Worse

The big event on the Fashion Radar recently was the The Costume Institute Gala in New York and glamorous celebs turned out in full force. Key colours were nudes (natch), ethereal white and smokey greys and blacks, and hemlines were either mini or maxi. I've picked the best and the worst of the dresses for your entertainment. Enjoy!

First to catch my eye was Sienna Miller in this stunning navy Pucci frock (shame about the man on her arm!). Her sunkissed glow and blonde hair set the blue off a treat. Shoes are rather lovely too! Glad to see that platform sandals aren't budging from the red carpet anytime soon.



I also loved Emma Watson's crisp white Burberry gown. The split is just right, any higher and she'd be indecent but she keeps the look clean. Her wavy locks could give Alexa a run for her money!



But my favourite dressed celeb is without doubt the effortlessly gorgeous Blake Lively. Whilst she didn't go for a gorgeous full length gown like many others, she manages to look youthful and toned in this gorgeous blue one shoulder Marchesa number with stand-out floral detail. The blue colour is flattering on her skintone and her scraped back hair highlights her facial features. Miss Lively, I salute you!



If you want to copy Blake's look on a budget then snap up this ASOS Premium dress in black or pink for only £28!



However, not everyone looked so stylish. I'm talking to you, Giselle! This Alexander Wang frock is just a bit on the weird side - tassels should be kept for daytime if you ask me and the material looks a bit cheap.



Stylist to the stars Rachel Zoe didn't seem to have lived up to her usual flawless outfit choices. This yellow velvet number seems off season and I'm not sure the words 'yellow' and 'velvet' were ever meant to be used together in a sentence.



And then there's the ever interestingly dressed Katy Perry. I can't make up my mind as to whether I like her LED light dress but I definitely admire her bravery!


Images from:
www.look.co.uk
www.huffingtonpost.com
www.asos.com
www.dailymail.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment