A key trend this Summer is Americana: think cheerleaders, stars and stripes, western denim, Glee, American football, Alexa Chung.
Primarily a casual trend, the look is relaxed and baggy with hints of bodycon. Cropped tees can be layered over a body, casual shorts can be worn with wedge boots. Denim is pale or bright blue-washed. Throw on some knee high socks and a sports style bag and you're good to go!
Snap up these key pieces to Americanise your Summer wardrobe. Pep ralley attendance optional.
1. Bomber jacket, £40, Topshop
2. Denim bralet, £18, Miss Selfridge
3. Blue wash jeans, £40, Topshop
4. Stars and stripes hi-tops, £39.99, Converse at Schuh
5. 'Home run' cropped tee, £18, ASOS.com
6. Black body, $14.99, Missguided.com
7. Running shorts, £14, Topshop
8. Cable knit socks, £4, New Look
9. Wedge ankle boots, £55, ASOS.com
10. Slouchy bag, £85, ASOS.com