Wednesday 7 September 2011

AW11: the looks I love

So the new season is upon us and I have finally got round to having a proper look through all the main catwalk collections. I've glanced at specific shows here and there before now but this weekend I had the opportunity to spend some time over each show and found no shortage of amazing looks to covet.

Colours of the season
Every season there is an 'it' colour that everyone raves about and this AW there is literally a rainbow of shades to choose from. Take your pick from bold purple, teal and mustard to name a few. My personal favourite is tomato red, courtesy of Betty Jackson. Wear a bold colour head to toe for a contemporary look.



L-R - Alberta Ferretti, Hermes, Jil Sander, Betty Jackson

Show stopping dresses
You know the ones; the dresses the most stylish celebrities will be choosing to wear on the red carpet... and the dresses the rest of us will wear in our dreams. Maxis are still dominating the runways and there are a variety of styles to catch your eye. I'm torn between the plunging purple berry Elie Saab and the billowing printed Holly Fulton.


L-R - Elie Saab, Erdem, Lanvin, Holly Fulton

Best coats
There's no disputing that Burberry is King of the coats, case in point: AW10's aviator jacket. However this season I have allowed my eye to be caught by a handful of other brands. Obviously the Topshop Unique dalmation print coat is a big talking point but I particularly like the fur cuff detail on another Unique number (left) and the double breasted, tweed-sleeved Chanel coat that is the perfect mix of stunning design and wearability. Capes are still big news, go black Zorro-esque a la YSL or heritage inspired as seen at Fendi.


L-R - Unique, Chanel, Louis Vuitton, YSL, Fendi

Things I need in my wardrobe
This is a mixture of excitement and torture for me, deciding the items I need to find high street alternatives of to go into the new season. Items I'll be looking out for straight away include a bird print dress in the style of the various Miu Miu numbers, a minty green crisp silk shirt like the Chloe model, a liquid gold maxi skirt to rival the below Moschino one, a fedora hat, a fur (faux, of course) stole and anything in polka dot mesh, as seen at Stella McCartney.


L-R Miu Miu, Chloe, Moschino, Christian Dior, Stella McCartney

Look out for my favourite collection posts coming in the next few days...

Images: http://www.style.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment