Thursday 6 October 2011

Coat Time

The weather at the beginning of this week may have been positively baking by the average October records but its getting chillier every day now which can mean only one thing... its time to buy a coat!

Coat shopping both excites me and stresses me out in equal measures - what style to go for, what colour to buy it in, what will it go with, etc etc. This season I've made my mind up to go for a coat in a masculine style, as seen all over the AW11 catwalks and one of the classic looks of the season. Look out for longer than normal length coats with a deep collar line (like the gorgeous blue Diane von Furstenburg one, below), oversized boxy blazer styles and anything with a simple cut to it and minimal fuss when it comes to detailing. Go for a classic black/navy or a block colour over prints and wear undone over almost anything.

My favourite is the cyan blue double-breasted ASOS number - the perfect colour injection for my wardrobe.


Diane von Furstenburg aw11



L-R ASOS £120, Warehouse £75, Dorothy Perkins £69, Topshop £75

Catwalk image from http://www.style.com/

Other images:

No comments:

Post a Comment