I know it's practically minus 100 degrees outside but it's never too early to start thinking about what you'll be wearing when (or should I say if?) the weather improves and outdoor events become appealing again. And one thing you should definitely be wearing Spring is a pair of shorts.
Shorts may seem like a fairly limited choice, restricted to those who are blessed with legs up to their armpits and thighs the width of... well, you get the point. But that is not the case, and there are plenty of different styles of shorts that you can work into different areas of your wardrobe, wherever suits you.
Shorts were prevalent on the catwalk for SS10 in a variety of styles and colours. I've narrowed it down to five styles that will see you through the Spring and Summer months and found some high street versions. Happy shopping!
1. Plain and simple as seen at 3.1 Phillip Lim - smart and perfect for workwear, just team with a white shirt. Get the look at Warehouse, £40.
2. Nude - neutral shades are key for this season, as seen at Valentino. Get the look
at Topshop, £30.
3. Colour - on the other side of the style spectrum, colour pop shorts can brighten up the dullest of days. As seen at Stella McCartney, get the look at Miss Selfridge, £28.
4. Print - any print goes, as seen at Dries Van Noten. Get the look at Topshop, £30.
5. Dressy - swap your skirt for shorts on your next night out. As seen at Andrew Gn, get the look at Topshop, £50.
Catwalk images from www.style.com
Others images from: